The University of Flinders, University of Sydney, University of New England, and other universities in Australia are inviting applications for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship for International Students 2022 session.
A limited number (up to 10) of Australian Government RTP Scholarship awards are available each year and the scholarship round is highly competitive. The Australian Government RTP Scholarship is awarded to candidates who demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for independent research. Australian Government RTP Scholarship awards are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training, and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship award is tenable for up to three years for a Research Ph.D. degree and up to two years for a Research Master’s degree. Successful candidates are expected to undertake full-time study and have to be starting a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- The scholarship awards enable aptly qualified candidates to start a full-time Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS pays the foreign student tuition fees charged by the University for a Higher Degree by research.
- The Australian Government RTP Scholarship comprises an international tuition fee offset, a living allowance paid at the rate of $28,092 (2020 rate), which is tax immune and indexed yearly, and Overseas Health Care cover.
Eligibility for Australian Government RTP Scholarship
To be eligible for a RTP Stipend Scholarship, you must:
- Candidates are required to satisfy the University’s academic entry conditions for a Master’s degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Candidates are required to have successfully concluded a degree minimum of the equivalent to an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the last year)
- Candidates should have met the English language proficiency levels set by Flinders University for foreign students at the time of application.
- Candidates for whom English is a foreign language will be required to provide proof of their English language competence.
- Candidates should not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only available to candidates starting a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
How to Apply for Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS;
- You will have to first hand in an application for admission to a higher degree by research (PhD or MA by research) and subsequently an application for the International RHD Scholarship award group, which will create an application for both the AGRTPS and FIPRS through the Student info system.
- You will be required to possess an active Flinders Authentication Name (FAN) to finish this process.
- If you have never schooled at or made an application to Flinders University, you can sign up and hand in your application for admission to a higher degree by research through the application portal.
- After finishing your registration you will get a confirmation email, this will be gotten within 1 hour through your nominated email address and will have your login details and instructions on how to activate your FAN.
RTP Scholarship (Domestic)
Types of scholarships:
- RTP Fees Offset Scholarships: offered to domestic students with an unconditional offer to undertake a higher degree by research course at the University of Sydney. This scholarship is supported by the Australian government and provides tuition fees.
- RTP Stipend Scholarships: awarded to students of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research at an Australian university. These Australian government scholarships are provided to assist with general living costs.
- University of Sydney Postgraduate Awards (UPA): similar to the RTP Scholarships in terms of tenure and benefits. Eligible RTP applicants are automatically considered for these awards.
RTP Scholarship (International)
Types of scholarships:
- RTP Scholarship scheme: funded by the Australian Government, this scholarship provides tuition fees offset and stipend to high quality international postgraduate students who wish to enrol in a research degree at Australian universities. Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential.
RTP Scholarships Round Dates:
(Applications can only be accepted during Scholarship Round Dates)
Please note, scholarship applications will be accepted up-to, and including the closing round date. Any applications received after this point will be considered for the following round.
Important Application Information
All candidates are expected to read the application instructions provided below prior to submitting an application.
To make sure your application is complete and competitive, please go through and attend to the following:
You have to establish contact with an academic staff member and have an informal arrangement from that person to be your supervisor if successful. Email proof of the supervisor’s agreement must be submitted with your application. Candidates who do not have a supervisor at the period of application will not be given consideration for an AGRTPS/FIPRS.
You have to submit certified copies of all university-level academic transcripts, translated into the English language, please do not submit secondary school certificates or non-academic certificates or awards.
You are required to add a research proposal of about 500 words in length, stating the problem, hypothesis, or question and the methodology or approach.
Fill out Section A of two copies of the Academic Referee’s Confidential Report forms and send them to two relevant referees of your choice. Referee reports have to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 August 2021.
An up-to-date CV specifying your work experience, all research experience, and a complete list of cited publications should be submitted with your application.
- Application ends August 6, 2021, at 5 pm Australia, Adelaide local time.
Not interested in the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship? See other Austra scholarships here